NOTICE TO HANDY TOWNSHIP REGISTERED VOTERS:
pRECINCTS 1, 2 & 3 vOTE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATION:
6520 Grand River
Fowlerville, MI 48836
Polls Open 7am - 8pm
2020 ELECTION DATES:
Tuesday, August 4th, 2020
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
The Michigan Supreme Court recently ruled that a provision of the Michigan Election Law, which requires voters to present picture identification at the polls, is constitutional and enforceable. Voters are required to present picture identification as part of the application to vote. Acceptable photo identification may be one of the following:
- Michigan driver’s license or Michigan personal identification card
- A driver’s license issued by another state
- A U.S. Passport
- Current student identification card with photo
- Military identification card with photo
- Tribal identification card with photo
- If the voter states that he or she has photo identification but did not bring it to the polls or if the voter states that he or she does not have any form of photo identification, the voter can vote by signing the “Affidavit of Voter Not in Possession of Picture Identification” form.
If you would like to be placed on Handy Township’s Permanent Absent Voter Application List, please contact the Clerk’s office by phone or email. 517-223-3228 or email@example.com
Please be sure that your signature matches your Michigan Driver's License when applying for absentee ballots.
Electronic Pollbook Handy Township has implemented the use of the State’s Electronic Pollbook. Driver licenses will now be electronically scanned to bring up voter information.